For the MALE Client Depositor
Don’t Delay Preserving Your Fertility!
"We are here to help preserve your future options"
SEBNJ has provided cryobanking services for the last 30 years.
As an industry leader, SEBNJ has helped men overcome many of the adverse effects of treatment, surgery or life style changes that may have an adverse effect on reproductive cells, tissues and organs. Our cryopreservation services provide you FUTURE family planning options TODAY allowing you to focus on your health and other issues today.
WHO should store?
The Client Depositor is an individual/person who is referred to contractually as the Bailor.
The Bailor is a man cryopreserving their own reproductive cells and/or tissue. Men would cryopreserve Sperm, Testicular Tissue and/or Epididymal Sperm Aspirate.
WHY should I store?
Current therapies are extremely effective in treating some of these diseases.
However, it is widely documented and recognized that these treatments have adverse effects on sperm and other reproductive Cell(s) & Tissue.
Long-term side effects include sexual dysfunction and infertility.
Surgery, Chemotherapy, Radiation and many treatments may diminish the quantity and quality of Reproductive Cell(s) & Tissue.
The use of a reproductive cell and tissue bank is a personal decision that only YOU can make.
If you are facing surgery or adjunct treatments for:
Trans-Gender related treatment
Oligospermia (low sperm count)
Spinal cord injury
Other reasons You may consider for our services:
- Absenteeism such as travel, military deployment, work abroad may also interfere with family planning.
- Long-term Family planning is always an option for individuals that are career minded.
- Hazardous occupations which may indirectly affect sperm cell function due to job related physical hazards that may directly impair the reproductive system
- Toxic environments which may indirectly affect sperm cell function due to related exposure to well established chemicals that may affect or directly impair the reproductive system.
- Post Mortem retrieval/collection limited to men (please inquire, restrictions for this service apply)
What is Cryopreservation?
Cryopreservation is the process of ultra low temperature freezing of living cell(s) and tissue.
At SEBNJ, reproductive cell(s) & tissue are frozen in protective media and stored in individual vial(s). Most cell(s) and tissue, including sperm, are able to survive this freezing process and continue to function in the natural way they were before the freezing process.
The cryopreservation of Cells & Tissues has not been optimized universally to guarantee functionality of cryopreserved Cell(s) and/or Tissues. The survival rate of Cell(s) & Tissue cannot be totally controlled, an average lost of 30% to 60% of Cell(s) and/or Tissue functionality after cryopreservation has been recorded for Reproductive Cell(s) and/or Tissue.
Timing is everything…
It is preferable for the collection of sperm, and other reproductive Cell(s) & Tissue to be started prior to any treatment, surgery or immune-suppressive drugs.
Our Client Depositor program provides individuals the ability to cryopreserve (freeze) and store their reproductive cells & tissue, such as sperm, testicular tissue, epididymal sperm aspirate, for their own future use.
Reproductive cell & tissue banking allows men to choose the most appropriate time of their life to have children. Current advances in the field of Assisted Reproduction have allowed clients to achieve a number of pregnancies using their own cryopreserved reproductive cells & tissue.
The type of Cell(s) & Tissue to be cryopreserved are:
Sperm, Testicular Tissue or Epididymal Sperm Aspirates.
The cryopreservation of sperm is very simple and requires semen specimen(s) to be collected optimally after a 2 3 day period of abstinence, for the production of the best sperm quality.
Testicular Tissue and Epididymal Sperm Aspirates are obtained surgically by a physician specializing in Urology.
For details contact, our Client Service Coordinator to schedule the transport and the submission of Testicular Tissue and/or Epididymal Sperm Aspirate.
It is recommended that sperm, testicular tissue or epididymal sperm aspirates be evaluated and processed within the first hour of submission/retrieval, when possible.
“Mail In Specimen" kit(s) are available, upon request, for individuals unable to provide a semen sample
on-site at SEBNJ, please note that some restrictions apply.
Client Service Coordinators are available to assist during regular business hours (US-EST)
Why and What are the Laboratory tests mandatory at SEBNJ?
Laboratory testing is required/mandatory of each and every Client Depositor.
Client Depositors samples/vials are segregated based on the out-come of the laboratory test results to protect and minimize the transmission of an infectious disease to the eventual Recipient.
For example: Client Depositors who test positive for Hepatitis are cryostored separately from Client Depositors who test negative for Hepatitis.
Mandatory Client Depositor laboratory testing includes the following:
||HIV 1 & 2 Antibodies
HTLV I & II
HIV-1/Hepatitis B/ Hepatitis C (NAT)
Hepatitis C Virus Antibody
Hepatitis B Surface Antigen
Syphilis Serology (RPR) Screen
Additional testing for Clients storing semen only:
What are the fees for services?
- Evaluation, Processing, Freezing, Morphology and Post Thaw Analysis fee
for each semen sample
- Laboratory testing fees will be billed by the refrence laboratory to the insurance carrier or directly to the
- Annual Storage fee
- Shipping/Delivery Charges, when applicable
- Administrative fee
Please contact us for the current fees associated with any of the above services:
Mon-Fri 8:00AM to 5:00PM EST within the USA: 212-531-0115, 908-232-6844 or 800-637-7776
International callers : Country code for the USA + 212-531-0115 or 908-232-6844
Inquiries may be Emailed to: email@example.com
What documents are provided to the Client Depositor?
The Client Depositor(s) will be the sole individual/person entitled to initiate the process of cryopreservation and the storage of his reproductive Cell(s) & Tissue.
SEBNJ requires that the Client Depositor ( Bailor)complete the following documents at the appropriate time:
- Consent and Request for Reproductive Cell & Tissue Cryopreservation and/or Storage
- Final Agreement For Reproductive Cell & Tissue Storage
- Confidential Medical History & Behavioral Risk Assessment Questionnaire for Cryopreservation and Storage of Reproductive Cells & Tissue
- Test Request and Consent For Mandatory Testing of Client Depositor
- Authorization for Release of Information
- Notice of Privacy
- Notice for Withdrawal of Reproductive Cell & Tissue From Storage (as needed)
- Notice for Destruction of Reproductive Cell & Tissue(as needed)
- SEBNJ does not participate currently with insurance plans for the processing and/or storage of Client Depositor sperm, testicular tissue and/or epididymal sperm aspirates.
- The insurance industry has designated a CPT code (common provider term) for the processing of reproductive cells & tissue, cryopreservation and storage. The extent of coverage and reimbursement varies from carrier to carrier and from plan to plan. Clients should contact their plan Administrator or Insurance provider to verify the extent of their insurance plan coverage.
- We recommend that you have your primary care physician, if any and/or your specialist, to provide you with either a letter and/or prescription recommending that you cryopreserve (freeze) your reproductive cells & tissue for future use. Your Primary Care Physician, f any and/or your Specialist should provide you with the appropiate "Diagnostic Code" as isrelates to your diagnosis and treatment. The "Diagnostic Code" is important when completing insurance related documents for reimbursement.
SEBNJ supports the efforts of "Fertile Hope" and the Lance Amstrong "Live Strong" foundation and offers "Tissue Bank Cares" ("TBC) fees.
Our “Tissue Bank Cares” fees are extended to all financially challenged Client Depositors.
These charitable “Fees for Services” are based on the financial information requested by SEBNJ
to corrolate with the current US Federal charity guidelines.
These fees are reviewed and updated on a yearly basis.
"Tissue Bank Cares" "is a program solely offered at SEBNJ and its affiliates.
The fees for services are based on the US government publication "Federal Charity Guidelines" and are updated on a yearly basis.
How to schedule an appointment and/or submit a sample?
The procedure for the collection, transport and submission of the various reproductive Cell(s) & Tissue will be answered on an individual basis.
To allow for optimum quality assurance, reproductive cell & tissue specimen(s) must be collected and submitted to the cell and tissue bank following strict procedures and guidelines.
You may reach the Client Service Coordinators for personalized support and information
Inquiries may be Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointments are available at our affiliate in New Jersey "The Sperm and Embryo Bank of New Jersey, INC.
Notice: The content of this informational site is subject to changes and modifications from time to time
to meet the requirement of various scientific and regulatory agencies.
"TB cares" trade mark is owned by The Sperm and Embryo Bank of New Jersey, Inc. allrights reserved